Join Our Team
Become part of the Hearth and Hill team! Our commitment is to “Inspire our associates, thrill our guests, and enrich our community.” Associates come first, because you are the heart and soul of our restaurant.
Thank you for your interest in working with Hearth and Hill. If you do not see a position you are interested in, or if we currently do not have any open positions, we would still be happy to receive and review your resume. Please be sure to include the position you would like to apply for.
The Event Coordinator is to sell, produce and run events at Hearth and Hill. Actively sell the Hearth and Hill event experience to local and nationwide clients looking for a variety of experiences. Communicate timely and clearly with clients and colleagues alike, to produce a seamless event from start to finish. Work hand-in-hand with the front-of-house management team, culinary team and local vendors and meeting planners. This is an hourly + commission based position, where hard-work and a goal-minded individual will succeed.
- Create and manage the timeline, program and task list for all Hearth and Hill catering and banquet events (on-site and off-site).
- Lead all event planning meetings and discussions.
- Effective, prompt and detailed communication with all clients.
- Ensure all event inquiries are responded to within 24-hours.
- Coordinate completion of the event contract.
- Produce a BEO and Contract with all details written clearly to the client at a minimum of two-weeks prior to the event.
- Properly handle taking deposits for events, safely secure all financial information.
- Communicate clearly and timely with the culinary team, to assist in the production of the event.
- Communicate clearly and timely with the front of house team, to assist in the production of the event.
- Be present during on-site and off-site events to ensure a successful event.
- Connect with the local community. Consistent outreach to the community to build the client base. To include, site visits, cold calls, networking events, and more.
- Drive the catering business of Hearth and Hill. Take ownership of the position, and sell the space with professionalism and transparent communication.
- To be respectful of all guests, associates and vendors that you work with.
- Develop relationships with the local vendors, that we may use.
- Assist in tip out procedures
- Ensure proper scheduling and staffing for all events
- Possess a High School Diploma
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have extensive knowledge of event management
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system
- Knowledge of relevant health & safety regulations & procedures
- 2+ years of event coordination
- 1+ years of experience working in restaurants
- Competency in excel, word, powerpoint, and other event programs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, lift, push & carry heavy objects
- Ability to carry 50 pounds
Provide the highest quality guest experience through friendly, knowledgeable service. Leads all aspects of front-of-house (FOH) restaurant staff and operations, and collaborates closely with other members of the leadership team regarding the entire restaurant’s activities. Responsible for stepping in to perform duties of all supervised positions when necessary.
Present professionalism at all times in manner and appearance
Responsible to oversee hiring, training, coaching of FOH team
Semi-monthly payroll execution
PR & Marketing
Update website, reservation system, and POS as needed
Oversee Events at Hearth and Hill, including booking, execution, follow-up and growth.
Respond to all social media reviews and comments.
Develop training plans and new-hire packets
Develop and facilitate opportunities for continuous improvement for all associates through education and training.
Lead the execution of Hearth and Hill’s commitment through service and marketing
Learn and develop overall knowledge of hospitality industry, branding, marketing, employment and business practices.
Oversee repairs & maintenance of building and equipment.
Responsible for creating annual budget, and maintaining daily and monthly financial awareness and accountability.
Consistent vigilance of food, beverage and labor costs.
Assure Hearth and Hill is in compliance with health department, UDABC, and any other licensing regulations
Assist with vendor relations
• Time management & ability to multitask
• Attention to detail & follow through
• Ability to recognize and recover guest dissatisfaction
• Ability to handle guest complaints professionally and efficiently
• Positive attitude; calm and poised when under pressure
• Forward thinking
• Problem solving
• Fascile with financial aspects of budgeting, banking, accounting, etc.
• Assist in managing inventory and purchasing small wares
• Collaborate with leadership team for budgeting
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
Possess at least a High School diploma
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Minimum 5 years restaurant experience preferred
• Minimum 3 years management experience preferred
• Be competent using multiple computer programs and websites including but not limited to: scheduling software, reservation systems, POS systems and Excel
• Possess math skills and have the ability to handle and manage money
• Knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and procedures
• Food handlers and beverage service permits
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to bend, lift, push and carry heavy objects
• Ability to carry 50 pounds
Hearth and Hill is an equal-opportunity employer.